Miss Augusta County Fair
2013 Beauty Pageant
EXPO Hall at Augusta Expo,Fishersville,Virginia
Indoor Pageant – Air Conditioned
August 3, 2012 2:00 PM
Director: Kirk Propst – 886-3321
Entry Deadline: July 10, 2013
Entry Fee: $50.00
NEW for 2013…Miss Augusta County Fair 2013 will receive a $1000 college scholarship courtesy of the Augusta County Fair Board
Jaclyn Marie Oakes
Miss Augusta County Fair 2012
Top 10 finalist at
Miss Virginia Association of Fairs 2013
Baby Miss Augusta County Fair 0 – 23 months
Little Miss Augusta County Fair 2 – 4 years
Tiny Miss Augusta County Fair 5 – 7 years
Young Miss Augusta County Fair 8 – 9 years
Pre-Teen Miss Augusta County Fair 10 – 12 years
Junior Miss Augusta County Fair 13 – 15 years
Miss Augusta County Fair 16 – 22 years
RULES and REGULATIONS
1. Contestants must be a resident / attend school in Staunton, Waynesboro or Augusta County.
2. Valid certification of age may be required.
3. The decision of the judges is final.
4. This pageant does not issue individual scoresheets.
5. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated by contestants, parents or others in attendance. Please be aware that any rude or unsportsmanlike conduct will result in immediate disqualification and dismissal from the pageant.
6. Contestants must have never been married or had children.
7. Dressing rooms will be available and open by 12:00 noon on pageant day!
8. The winner of the Miss division may not enter another fair pageant until after the state pageant.
9. Previous winners may compete again after they sit out one year, or move up to the next age division. Miss division winners may compete again for the title, but they must sit out one year and meet all other requirements.
10. Miss Augusta County Fair will be required to represent the Fair at the Miss Virginia Association of Fairs state pageant in January 2014. Entry fee and lodging expense will be provided. Miss ACF 2013 will need to be available to work with the pageant committee in preparation for the state competition.
11. Pre-Teen Miss, Junior Miss and Miss Queens will be required to be available during the fair week for various functions and responsibilities. If they are unable to fulfill their duties and responsibilities, the first runners-up will become Queen.
12. Junior Miss and Miss contestants will have a private four minute interview with the judges starting at 6:00 PM on Friday, August 2nd at the Fishersville Hampton Inn. Exact, individual time depends on the number of entries, a schedule will be sent prior to the pageant.
13. Junior Miss and Miss Contestants should be available for an orientation session on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 7:00 PM at the Fishersville Hampton Inn. We will give information on the interview, clothing choices, requirements during the fair, preparations for the state fair pageant and answer any questions you may have. Press will be there for photos and coverage as well!
14. Entry forms, additional rules and regulations are available at the fair office (540) 245-5627, from the director (540) 886-3321 or at www.AugustaCountyFair.com.
Baby through Pre-Teen age divisions…
Attire should be formal. Girls 0-9 may wear a short or long gown, Pre-Teen division should wear a long gown flattering to them. Contestants above will be judged on appearance, beauty, personality and projection on stage. A chaperone may go on stage with younger contestants if needed.
PHOTOGENIC – OPTIONAL FOR ALL CONTESTANTS Submit photos at registration! Photos should be age appropriate and may be natural or slightly retouched. Pictures may be black & white or color and should be no larger than 8×10 in size. Headshots are recommended, without distractions. Photos should reflect contestant’s photogenic potential. You may enter multiple photos and the photo with the highest score will be used for the age division photogenic award. Contestants name, age and age division should be written on the back of each photo. Photos will be returned at the end of the pageant!
Junior and Miss age divisions…
INTERVIEW – contestants should dress professionally; attire may be a dress, pantsuit, or business suit. Contestants will have a private four minute interview with the judge’s panel. Interview will give the judges an opportunity to get to know the contestant. Contestants should showcase their ability to interact with the public as a titleholder. Contestants may submit additional information with their entry form. Interviews will be held on Friday, August 2, 2013 at the Fishersville Hampton Inn, starting at 6:00. Exact interview times will be sent.
CASUAL WEAR – Casual wear should be a stylish outfit out of the closet, fashionable, showing contestants style and personality (no jeans or sweats).
GOWN – Contestants should wear a long gown. Gown should be age appropriate, stylish, showing your personality and flattering to you.
Junior Miss and Miss Contestants should be available for an orientation session on Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 7:00 at the Fishersville Hampton Inn. We will give information on the interview, clothing choices, requirements during the fair, preparations for the state fair pageant and answer any questions you may have. Press will be there for photos and coverage as well!
RULES and REGULATIONS
Questions? Contact Kirk Propst, Director at 886-3321