Miss Augusta County Fair
2012 Beauty Pageant
EXPO Hall at Augusta Expoland,Fishersville,Virginia
Indoor Pageant – Air Conditioned
August 4, 2012 2:00 PM
Miss Augusta County Fair 2011
Baby Miss Augusta County Fair 0 – 23 months
Little Miss Augusta County Fair 2 – 4 years
Tiny Miss Augusta County Fair 5 – 7 years
Young Miss Augusta County Fair 8 – 9 years
Pre-Teen Miss Augusta County Fair 10 – 12 years
Junior Miss Augusta County Fair 13 – 15 years
Miss Augusta County Fair 16 – 22 years
Baby through Pre-Teen age divisions…
Attire should be formal. Girls 0-9 may wear a short or long gown, Pre-Teen division should wear a long gown flattering to them. Contestants above will be judged on appearance, beauty, personality and projection on stage. A chaperone may go on stage with younger contestants if needed.
PHOTOGENIC – OPTIONAL FOR ALL CONTESTANTS Submit photos at registration! Photos should be age appropriate and may be natural or slightly retouched. Pictures may be black & white or color and should be no larger than 8×10 in size. Headshots are recommended, without distractions. Photos should reflect contestant’s photogenic potential. You may enter multiple photos and the photo with the highest score will be used for the age division photogenic award. Contestants name, age and age division should be written on the back of each photo. Photos will be returned at the end of the pageant!
Junior and Miss age divisions…
INTERVIEW – contestants should dress professionally; attire may be a dress, pantsuit, or business suit. Contestants will have a private four minute interview with the judge’s panel. Interview will give the judges an opportunity to get to know the contestant. Contestants should showcase their ability to interact with the public as a titleholder. Contestants may submit additional information with their entry form. Interviews will be held on Friday, August 3, 2012 at the Fishersville Hampton Inn, starting at 6:00. Exact interview times will be sent.
CASUAL WEAR – Casual wear should be a stylish outfit out of the closet, fashionable, showing contestants style and personality (no jeans or sweats).
GOWN – Contestants should wear a long gown. Gown should be age appropriate, stylish, showing your personality and flattering to you.
Junior Miss and Miss Contestants should be available for an orientation session on Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 7:00 at the Fishersville Hampton Inn. We will give information on the interview, clothing choices, requirements during the fair, preparations for the state fair pageant and answer any questions you may have. Press will be there for photos and coverage as well!
RULES and REGULATIONS
1. Contestants must be a resident / attend school in Staunton, Waynesboro or Augusta County.
2. Valid certification of age may be required.
3. The decision of the judges is final.
4. This pageant does not issue individual scoresheets.
5. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated by contestants, parents or others in attendance. Please be aware that any rude or unsportsmanlike conduct will result in immediate disqualification and dismissal from the pageant.
6. Contestants must have never been married or had children.
7. The winner of the Miss division may not enter another fair pageant until after the state pageant.
8. Previous winners may compete again after they sit out one year, or move up to the next age division. Miss division winners may compete again for the title, but they must sit out one year and meet all other requirements.
9. Miss Augusta County Fair will be required to represent the Fair at the state fair pageant in January 2013. Entry fee and lodging expense will be provided for state competition. Miss contestants will need to be available to work with the pageant committee in preparation for state competition.
10. Pre-Teen Miss, Junior Miss and Miss Queens will be required to be available during the fair week for various functions and responsibilities. If they are unable to fulfill their duties and responsibilities, the first runners-up will become Queen.
11. Junior Miss and Miss contestants will have a private four minute interview with the judges starting at 6:00 PM on Friday, August 3rd at the Fishersville Hampton Inn. Exact, individual time depends on the number of entries, but schedule will be sent prior to the pageant.
12. Junior Miss and Miss Contestants should be available for an informational session on Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM at the Fishersville Hampton Inn. We will give information on the interview, clothing choices, requirements during the fair, preparations for the state fair pageant and answer any questions you may have. Press will be there for photos and coverage as well!
Miss Augusta County Fair 2012 Entry Form
Circle Age Division – Compete as of age on pageant day!
Baby Miss Little Miss Tiny Miss Young Miss PreTeen Miss Junior Miss Miss Augusta County
0 – 23 m 2 – 4 years 5– 7 years 8 – 9 years 10 – 12 years 13 – 15 years 16 – 22 years
Street Address ___________________________________________________________________
City______________________________________________ State __________ ZIP ____________
Phone _____________________________ Email________________________________________
Birthdate ___________________Age______Age Division______________________ ____________
Hair Color _______________________________ Eye Color__ ______________________________
T-Shirt Size: 2T__ 3T__ 4T__ Youth S__ M__ L__ Adult S__ M__ L__ XL__ XXL__ 3X__
Hobbies/Interesting Facts ___________________________________________________________
I have read, understand and agree to the attached rules for the Miss Augusta County Fair Pageant.
if under 18 years____________________________________________________Date___________
□ All age divisions……………………………………….…………….………….……$ 50.00
□ Photogenic (optional)………….…______@ $10.00 each photo………$________
□ LATE FEE on entries received after July 11, 2012..………$20.00……..$________
FINAL DEADLINE…JULY 20, 2012 WITH LATE FEE!
Mail entry form with check or money order made out to Kirk Propst, to: Kirk Propst, Director Miss Augusta County Fair, Post Office Box 2465, Staunton, VA 24401. Entries should be received by July 11, 2012. Money orders ONLY, No checks accepted after July 11, 2012. You may pay in cash at the fair office in Verona when office personnel are available. Feel free to call the fair office at 245-5627.
Questions? Contact Kirk Propst, Director at 886-3321
Miss Augusta County Fair 2011